September 28, 2010

Our Family


 








Our family has changed so much since I have posted anything real. Here is a quick update on all of us.
Jason is now the Head Custodian at a local elementary school. Over the summer the girls decided they wanted to go to the school also so we transfered them over and they love being able to see Daddy at work. WIth his new job he decided to take some time off school so that he can get things settled at the school but that is okay I get to see him more. He loves guns and shooting. He actually has free time now that he doesn't work 3 jobs so he has had time to spend with us lately and we love it! He loves to read and watch Star Trek but not more then his family. 
Katrina loves her babies! I get to stay home with my kids but since 3 out of the 4 are in school I get to have more quiet time to myself which is really weird. I am in school full time and at times I hate it because I just want to play, I know I need to do it. I am a great procrastinator.  I am so excited for the holiday season and excited even more to get more sleep as Axel gets older.
Novalee is in 4th grade and loves it. She loves her new school and loves her new teacher. Novalee comes home excited all the time about the new things that she is learning in school.  She is at a really fun age where she isn't a little kid anymore but not a teenager and not quite a preteen. She loves to do her hair and anything with fashion. She loves to write in her diary and loves to help out with the little boys. Novalee recently discovered the Fablehaven series which is one of my favorites and I can't wait to read those with her. She loves math and is really good at it. She likes to read to her brothers and sister.
Harley is a little mommy. I worry sometimes that Axel prefers her to me. She also loves her new school and LOVES her teacher. She is currently the student of the week at her school and we got to go to McDonalds yesterday to celebrate (her choice) she loves to read also and loves to take turns reading with me. Harley loves to play on the monkey bars at school. She loves to rock Axel to sleep and can do it magically fast.
Gunnar is now in preschool 4 days a week and a bus picks him up.He loves it too!  How lucky am I? I am trying to get him back to napping but its hard since I am apparently so much fun, he can't sleep. He loves superheroes. He loves to sword fight and shoot guns (most fun to shoot is at dad, with nerf guns of course). He still loves to dress up everyday and Jason has started buying replacement costumes for all the ones he has worn out. He has slept in his own big boy bed which is  a fort bed since a little before Axel was born.  He is finally starting to want to play with other kids and its great!
Axel is getting so big! Last Thursday (9/23) he started crawling and doesn 't want to stop. Ever since he was born he wants to see what is going on and as soon as he wakes up he wants to go. Luckily now he can crawl and go pretty fast. He is still having skin problems and the worse is around his neck which constantly itches but we are going back to the dr for that tomorrow. He pulled himself up to standing yesterday which was really cute! He loves to play outside and is just a happy baby.


2 comments:

*Amy * said...

sounds like everyone is doing well! your kids get cuter every time i check this thing.

Mikey, Anna, Lillie and Sam said...

finally you up date. I check you blog all the time. I was starting to give up It's good to know what your little family is up to.