January 7, 2007
I guess it starts the day before Christmas break during the Christmas program this boy in Novalee's class grabbed her from behind and choked her pulling her back. Jason ran down from where he was watching ( I was home with the other 2 who had been sick) and got her. He brought her home and was just so mad. She had red marks on her neck and was still coughing like 10 minutes later. We went back to school last week and this boy wasn't there. Tuesday he came back and I started to get nervous because he had hurt Novalee and there was a substitute and I wasn't sure she knew to watch him. I emailed the principle and asked him if he did anything about the situation and even knew about it. he emailed me back saying that he knew about it and had talked to the boy. He tried to talk to his parents but they had someone else pick him up that day. He also said that the boy was getting help for his anger problems and was talking to a behavior specialist. He also said he would talk to the mom and see that they knew about it and they would talk to him. So this mom comes up to me before school on Wednesday waits for me to come into the classroom and says "What are you doing to him?" I didn't know what she meant so I just sat there probably looking dumb she starts yelling at me saying that I just want her son to be in trouble and I had no right to talk to the principle instead of her. I just kept saying "well he choked my daughter. Thats pretty serious. " She was saying this while all the kindergarten class was watching. Then she started saying that Novalee was bothering him in the first place I knew that wasn't true because I have to whole thing on video since Jason was filming it. I told her that and I kept telling her I didn't want to argue in front of the kids and that we need to act like adults ( I meant her) She went on for like 5 minutes how I was making her son be in trouble for something and making it into a bigger deal. I just told her I didn't want to talk about it and I didn't want to cause a scene in the class. So she walks out saying "oh yeah real adult you don't want to talk about it" This afternoon when I go to get Novalee from school I was sitting in my car waiting and she comes up to the window and starts talking about how she didn't think that her son should be punished because it was 2 weeks later and that he didn't do it to be mean and that it didn't hurt Novalee that bad anyways. I was so mad by then I told her to stop talking because she was really irritating me and that it did hurt Novalee and that she had red marks awhile later. She was like well if she had red marks you as a parents should have brought her back and shown the principle. Trying to put the blame on me. I just told her I didn't want to talk about it anymore and the principle can deal with it. She then said well can my son give Novalee this and say sorry? I told her yeah so she made her son (who was crying since he did want to) give Novalee cupcakes. Then she kept trying to talk to me but I just walked off. I am not going to deal with her especially since she acts like its our fault her son is in trouble for choking Novalee. I did throw away the cupcakes by the way
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
wow! i don't know how you kept your cool. they'd have been hauling me off for pounding the lady.
Post a Comment