Today my kids love me, well they LOVE to make me feel guilty I think because they know how to do it so well.
The rule at our house is if you want to have Mommy curl your hair before school you need to get right up and get ready. I knew Novalee wanted to curl her hair today so this morning I went in at 6 and turned the light on, Harley was already awake anyways so I said, "Novalee you need to get up now if you want your hair curled" I went in there at least 5 more times. At 6:40 I gave up trying to get her up since I can't do more then tell her to get up over and over again and I got in the shower. I got out and she was up and dressed and said, "Mommy! I am ready for my hair to be curled!" I told her, "Sorry, you should have gotten up when I came in the first time" Her smile instantly faded and had this look of disappointment on her face. I hate seeing my kids sad so I told her to finish getting ready while the curlers warmed up and we would just take Daddy to work with the curlers in her hair. We got Novalee's hair in curlers in time, had to fight with Harley to get dressed even though she was up, she didn't want to get dressed because "I like to tell her what to do, and I control her life" something like that.
We take Jason to work, run back home, take the curlers out, get back in the car, and Harley tells me that she wants her hair curled too. It is after 8 by now and if you have ever seen Harley's hair, it is incredibly thick and takes a long time to curl. I sighed and said, "well we don't have time if you had asked earlier I could have done it but can I please do something else to your hair? At least let Mommy brush it?" Harley goes to school everyday with this wild hair and bangs that are growing out. She looks at me and said, "Well I asked you before to curl my hair." I didn't remember that and she said, "I came in when you were sleeping last night and asked you" I smiled and said , "Harley that doesn't count if I am asleep" then she said, "well it wasn't last night and you were awake and playing with Daddy" Then she got a sad look on her face. I HATE SAD FACES! I didn't curl her hair but I told her if she got up early tomorrow we can curl it. She seemed halfway okay with that. While we were driving to school, Novalee was sitting in the front seat and kept moving the rearview mirror to look at herself in the mirror. I don't live far from the school at all but it was driving me crazy, so I told her to stop looking at herself in the mirror. She moved the mirror again and started posing. Finally I just said, "Novalee I am sick of this stop it! This is ridiculous! don't sit there and look at yourself" Another sad face.
Gunnar and I got home, he wanted to way a dinosaur movie which was fine so I could clean. I put it on and started cleaning. His movie finished and came out and wanted to play preschool. I was in the middle of cleaning out the oven so I told him to hold on. He said okay then kept asking if I was done. Sad face.
Novalee JUST called me and told me I need to come down right away to sign a paper for the science fair that she wants to be in, doesn't know what she wants to do for it but she wants to be in the science fair which is around the time that I am due. Jason told her he would help her with it but I apparently needed to go down this minute and sign the paper. Gunnar just fell asleep, I have to go pick them up in 10 minutes anyways can't I come later, I hear a big sigh then with this sad voice, "Okay Mommy" I tell her it will be okay and she can still do the science fair, then we hang up I call the school and talk to the teacher in charge about it, and I can come sign the paper tomorrow.
My kids know how to get me good.
No comments:
Post a Comment