July 31, 2009

I passed a test!

I know that life is full of many tests and not all of them are going to be life changing or something that is considered hard. If you are around me lately I am so not a fun person. I either feel tired, really sick to my stomach, extremely tired, and always feel in a bad mood. I have been so mean to my kids lately its sad. Tonight, I was worried about things, the house is messy, I have wet laundry in the washer, not to mention I ate way too much food at dinner. The girls were in the kids room watching Gummi Bears and Gunnar of course was in my room, I guess what we were watching was over because Jason and I were both asleep and so Gunnar woke up Jason and told him it was over. Jason turned off the tv and went back to sleep. Gunnar started kicking and screaming and crying. I of course yelled at him and he went in his room crying but I know that is not how I want to be as a mommy so I went and got him we walked back to my room with him crying and I told him without yelling that we don't have to watch tv to go to sleep so he came in my bed and we cuddled and tried to sing songs. It was a really sweet moment that I haven't had with my kids for a long time. After about 5 minutes, Gunnar was asleep and I realized I haven't felt that good in such a long time.
Maybe this is a test in itself. These little trials of patience with my kids I know I am going to have to push myself to be a strong example for these kids. I need to take a breath and remember the big picture in life.

No comments: