Like always, this summer was going to be well planned. My kids were going to be on a schedule, they were going to be doing some of the many workbooks that we have boughten over the year but not used. We were going to be spending hours outside soaking up the sunshine and letting the kids run wild in the backyard. We were going to work hard on our garden and watch the plants grow and enjoy the fruit or vegatables of our labor. Gunnar was going to sleep in his bed.
Like always, something has come up. I am lucky if I wake up before 9 am. My kids wake up at all different hours. Novalee could sleep in until 11 if we let her. The house is never clean and the only time the dishes are done is if Jason get tired of the smell and does them himself. The only thing that has really survived out of my garden is the tomatos. The kids don't want to go outside they just want to sit inside and play Barbies. When they do go outside, I watch them from the kitchen window until I get tired of breaking up fights. Then I make them come in the house which only results in more crying. Workbooks haven't even gotten out of the box. Harley and I have been reading the same book since May, its hard when you only get around to one chapter a week if we are lucky. I hope we didn't lose a library book thinking about it now! Gunnar sleeps in our bed only if Jason is asleep and I can't sleep because I have gotten used to him in our bed now and I sleep better. My kids don't eat breakfast alot. I think they only ate lunch and didn't say anything about dinner since we were so full from our 2 pm lunch at Wingers.
How I am going to get back to the Mommy that I used to be and yet it was the mommy I didn't want to be? I need to get my energy back soon school starts in a few weeks! Oh the joys of pregnancy.
2 comments:
wow the last paragraph is how i'm feeling right now. Well it's been a couple years of trying to get back to the mom i used to be. I use to enjoy doing so much more for my family and now it is so draining and so much work. I was thinking about this yesterday. I'm living my life one day at a time. Which is helping me make more of my day and time with my kids. Good luck!
All I can say is...Yay, I'm not the only one! I had a very hard time being happy, doing dishes and planning/cooking meals when I was pregnant! And I'm having a very hard time being a good mom this summer...I wonder if my kids even remember how to read! Hang in there!
Post a Comment