January 15, 2011

March 2010



We spent most of March playing with Axel. He had spent the first two weeks of his life in his bed since he had to have a bili blanket and then every other day we had to go to the hospital for the poke on his heel to test the levels. It was so hard to do. Luckily while I was in the hospital Jason got this wonderful card for Sonic. It was a discount card that was given to everybody who worked in the school district and great thing for us there are 2 Sonics close by. One just down the street from the hospital too.  We ate there almost every day those two weeks that he had to go get checked.  I always have a hard time the first few weeks after I have a baby but this time I had a hard time since I also had a tubal ligation. My stomach hurt. I of course was emotional and I was tired.  I was also going to school and Jason was busy with his jobs. I couldn't just lay at home and put a movie on for the other kids so I could rest like I had done before. They are older and in school and need more. Luckily we have great people around us that would take the kids to school, and when we started letting the girls walk to school on their own, they would watch for them for us too. It is only across the street but it was a big step for us to do that. I had a great teacher that semester too. I took one class but the few weeks I couldn't think I was able to miss stuff and she would let me make it up later. It was hard but honestly making myself do things taking one step at a time and thinking, that I needed to get through this one thing say get the kids ready for school. I would do what I needed to and got them ready and then I could focus on something else.

No comments: