November 18, 2006

These last few days have been so busy. On Thursday the kids all had a dentist appointments. I was kind of nervous because we had a new dentist since our old one really wasn't the nicest guy. This office was so nice. They gave the kids all these things for their teeth. They did thorough cleaning on all of the kids even Gunnar who only has a few teeth. Our old one didn't want to do that. Novalee has one cavity that needs to be filled. She also needs to have a tooth pulled since her permanent tooth is already poking out of the gums but here baby tooth hasn't fallen out yet. Harley didn't have any cavities so they gave her some stuff that said she was cavity free and she was so happy. I would have thought she would have one since she doesn't like me to help her brush. We get home and I try to do what I can to clean the house. The girls decide to put the recliner up (which they have many times) to relax and watch a movie. Gunnar decides to crawl underneath it. He climbs around the metal bars and gets himself stuck. I try for like 5 minutes to get him out. He was screaming and I was starting to cry of course. I called 911 since I had no idea what to do. As they are sending the ambulance out he stops crying and crawls out himself! I felt so dumb. They told me they could still send someone out to check out his scratches but my house was so messy I knew they shouldn't come out just to check out scratches especially since Gunnar was playing with his dinosaur just fine. It reminded me of a time that Novalee started screaming for no reason saying she couldn't stand up. Jason rushes her into the ER and when we get there she makes a big show about sitting in a wheelchair. The doctor asks her to stand up, she does. She starts smiling. Jason was mad for like a second and then takes her to buy ice cream.
Back to Thursday night someone gave us tickets to go see Savior of the World in SLC. We quickly found a babysitter and we went. It was really good. It was interesting to see the life of Christ's parents and the struggles with her being pregnant before they were married. It really made me think about the struggles Mary must have had as a mother. I mean I feel enough stress worrying about how I am raising my kids but to be the mother to the Savior must have been hard but I know it was a great blessing too. It turns out that the girl we went with was in the cast last year so we had to go meet some of the people that were in it. She was telling everyone how Jason just got baptized so they were talking to us. The only thing was that the play took longer then I thought and so it didn't get over until almost 10 and then with meeting people it took another 20 or so minutes. We didn't get back to Provo until 11 . I was so worried I figured we would be back by like 9 I don't know why I thought that because it started at 7:30. I realized halfway through that Gunnar doesn't usually go to sleep unless I nurse him. I was stressing during the second half of the play because of that. We get back and they said that Gunnar went to sleep with a bottle and he was really good. I was so relieved. Until I saw how sad Harley was. She was crying because she didn't want to have a sleepover with her friends. I felt bad but it was ok. The people who watched the kids are incredibly nice and we totally trust them. In fact the husband was the one who confirmed Jason and he gave Jason the Aaronic Priesthood on Sunday. We also we saw a deer just down the road from our house on our way home which was really weird. I have seen some scary movies and so I thought it was a big monster wolf at first. I am a dork I know.
The next day we woke up totally drained. We had to do Novalee's homework since we didn't have time the day before. Her show and tell was the letter k or L. She wanted to bring her lunchbox from Disneyland. She wanted to bring a treat to stick in it. So we had to run to the gas station on our way to school try to find something k or l we just got smarty suckers and she was like 10 minutes late. I had to run home get Jason take him to work. Run to his moms work go to the library since they had something on hold for us. Go pick up Novalee. Then go visiting teacher. I had to do all of this by 12 and in clothes that I just threw on. Harley and Gunnar were in their pjs. After that I came home and got the house clean, children dressed, and myself dressed by like 6. Without Gunnar having a pm nap. Jason went to Wendover for the night with some people from work for like 15 dollars that paid for his food and ride out there. The kids and I had Chinese food. They never like it usually but they ate a whole combo meal by themselves. Novalee who didn't have a nap got mad at me and broke her new pink glasses. I was so mad. She stayed in her room for like 10 minutes and fell asleep. Jason didn't get home until like 5 this morning he can only sleep a little longer since we have to go to Payson to go pick up 2 free turkeys and go to Walmart to go get groceries and be up in Salt Lake by like 1:45. My dad is taking us to see Happy Feet. I hope its good. I wanted to go see Santa Clause 3 but since he's paying I don't get a choice. Sorry to bore all 2 of you with the details. Its just been crazy. Have a good weekend.

No comments: