Well, Saturday was an incredibly long day. I didn't even sleep on Friday night by 1 am I just decided I would drive better if I didn't sleep then just sleep for an hour.
Friday night before we left was kind of interesting. I went down to the bank just to deposit $5. It was all we needed in there to pay a bill. I had one of those new 5 dollar bill and the people there thought it was counterfeit until the bank manager looked it up online and of course I was right but it was kind of stupid.
We woke the kids up since they didn't know we were going to leave that day for Disneyland. We had told them we were practicing packing for Disneyland and that we were not really going for 5 weeks. We turned the light on and told the kids to wake up. Of course they didn't want to. Then we said, "The Easter Bunny came come look what you got." They opened their eyes for maybe a second and then went back to sleep. Then we told them that we were bored so we were going to go to Disneyland. That got them up. We finished getting ready then took off. We were out by 2 am. I wasn't really tired just excited.
Novalee was the one who started saying that her tummy hurt by the time we got to St George she was saying that she had to go potty. We took her in to the gas station and she went right to the toilet and said " I have to go potty because I have to throw up" so she did. Then I went and checked on the rest of the kids and Gunnar was really warm. I brought him in to the gas station and gave him some tylenol and of course he threw that up. The lady at the gas station was so nice and helping us with the 2 sick kids getting everything cleaned up and trying different things to make them feel better.
We buy dramamine Novalee takes her part, give some to Harley and that in turn makes her throw up. We caught it in a sack before it went anywhere. Gunnar finally took some tylenol and we took off again just thinking about carsickness.
In Baker, we checked Gunnar again and he was really warm. He just looked so miserable his eyes were tearing up and just crying. He didn't want to eat just to be cuddled so we said a prayer for Gunnar and Jason drove while I sat with Gunnar.
We got to California about 1 and went up to our room. It was so cool. Gunnar was still looking really sick. We just figured it was because he was tired from traveling. The girls were good enough to be fighting so I wasn't worried about them.
We decided to go to Disneyland (we had 5 day hopper tickets) and check things out and grab some dinner. After one ride I thought Gunnar would feel better because he loves the rides at Fantasyland. We saw Goofy as we were walking out of our hotel and Goofy was in the lobby. He saw Gunnar with his red eyes in the stroller and he came over and gave him a kiss. Gunnar just still had the miserable look on his face but we didn't know what else to do.
We went to the park saw a few characters and rode one ride. Gunnar was still really warm and his eyes were incredibly red. We all went home. Gunnar was so warm and his eyes were just so red I was scared. I walked out of the park just crying because I was so worried about Gunnar.
I got back to the hotel and I called the lobby asking if they had a doctor or someone who could help me because I was so scared for Gunnar. They had a nurse who sent some thermometers up and just gave me some help over the phone. We took his temp the first time and it was 102 with tylenol. Jason gave him a blessing and we finally got Gunnar to sleep well. I layed next to him and fell asleep. One hour later I woke up to Gunnar just crying in pain. I thought he was saying something like Dying or something and I freaked out I looked at him and he was just crying saying help. I just thought something was so wrong. His eyes were so red they just blended in with his red body. He was burning up. It was too soon to give him more medicine and I think with the nervousness of waking up to him asking him for help I called my dad who was renting a house for a week in California and he took Gunnar and I to the hospital. When we were finally there and finally being seen his fever was over 104. They took him right in instead of sending us back to wait. The doctor was incredibly nice. Gunnar just had a cold and for some reason his body was fighting really hard.
We got home about 2 and Gunnar slept so well. I found out that Ibuprofen works better and is stronger the tylenol and the next morning when he woke up he said "park" he was up and wanting to go meet Mickey.
Thats Saturday.
4 comments:
Oh my goodness. I am so sorry you had to go through all of that. It is scary having sick kids, especially away from home. I am so glad that he is ok now. I hope the rest of your vacation was better.
OH, for me sick kids, so far, is the hardest part about being a parent. The worry eats you alive! I'm glad your little boy's ok. Did the rest of your trip go well? You guys are such tricksters, I'm glad to hear you still have that in you!
Wow... talk about a scary situation. I'm just glad that everyone eventually got better so that they could enjoy Disneyland before you guys went home. I can't wait til we get to take Mallory to Disneyland. It'll be so much fun. By the way, we missed you! We were so excited to see you guys in Camarillo but Krystal said you left early. I don't think I could really blame ya though!
I'm so glad I read this entry AFTER I saw how much fun you all had. The beginning of your trip had the makings of a disaster, but you all pulled through! I must say, seeing your pictures and reading your stories makes me excited to take my own kid to Disney World someday! :)
-Kate
Post a Comment