August 20, 2008
Gunnar hurt again!
Well just so some of you who were wondering what happened with Gunnar (If you read Bonny's blog) On Monday night the kids were playing the their room while I was cleaning the house. I heard Gunnar crying and Novalee's first words were, "I didn't do it!" I guess he was climbing up the side of the bunk bed and fell. Novalee said he just fell off of his bed but we got the whole story later. He seemed fine that night the usual, getting in trouble for jumping on the couches. The next morning he woke up and tried walking but he was crying and saying he couldn't walk. I just thought he was sore from his fall. All that day he was crawling but our house was messy (as usual) and I thought he was just playing. He was fussy because the girls were playing but he couldn't get to them to play with them because he couldn't stand up so I went and got him and rocked him to sleep. He slept until I had to get Jason and I had to carry him into the van since he was so tired. Then after I picked up Jason we got back in the house and Gunnar wasn't walking. We tried to get him to walk and it was not a normal walk. He only would walk for a little bit and then cry and fall down. I called the dr. (around 4) and they told me to bring him in to the hospital to do x-rays then to their office the first thing the next morning. I didn't want to have to make 2 trips to Orem for something that I didn't think was serious so I told them I would just take him to the hospital and go from there. Luckily Bonny was there to go with me and she was nice enough to stay with me until Gunnar was done. His walk is really sad. The dr at the ER thinks its something with his hip. The x-rays there weren't very clear so Gunnar had to go back today for more. They are clear and aren't showing any reasons for him to not walk. The Dr saw him walking today and how Gunnar cried for each of the 2 steps he took and so now our next step is an MRI on Friday morning. They are going to have to sedate him since it is a 30 minute thing and the sedation part is going to make us stay there for most of the morning. After the MRI we are going to see the results and still if nothing is showing and he still can't walk without pain then he is going to have to see an orthopedic specialist (I think that is who he has to see) the Dr said that kids this age don't fake this kind of thing like I thought at first. Anyways that is it for tonight on how I neglect my kids.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm sorry! It's always such a gamble, when it comes to taking kids to the doctor. I hope it's not too serious. I'm glad I'm not the only one who has to tell there kids to STOP JUMPING ON THE COUCH!
Post a Comment