August 21, 2008

Update

Last night I realized I hadn't checked to see if my insurance will cover Gunnar's MRI. I called this morning and the dr sent over the preauthorization form but then we found out that while we are approved for Gunnar to have this done we can't do it at the hospital that we have been going to all along. Who knows why but now since the other hospital in the area doesn't do child MRI's since he needs to be sedated so he now he is going to have to go to Primary Childrens but can't get in until Sept 2. So then the whole time he is going to have to be hurting until we can figure this out. The dr's want to try more x-rays next week because they are worried about him. We are going to try another hospital for the x-rays to see if it helps. Things are getting more painful for Gunnar. Last night he woke up crying because his leg hurt and crawling which is how he was getting around has pretty much stopped and sitting on his legs hurts more now and we have to get his toys for him now. I can't get him to stand up at all now.
On good news since I have other kids Harley starts kindergarten on Tuesday we are still waiting for the class assignment but I have been getting Gunnar's prescription this afternoon and a toy to hopefully help him sit on the couch all day. Novalee got 100% on her spelling test today and she was really nervous about it. I love my kids.

6 comments:

McLerran Family said...

It's so sad to see kids get hurt! I hope all goes well with the MRI!

Julie said...

I hope you figure out what is wrong with Gunnar soon. That is so weird.

THE SAWYER FAM said...

Poor Gunnar. I hope you guys can figure it out sooner than later. Maybe it's a soft tissue thing and you can't see it on Xray?? Stupid insurances control everything huh?? If you're child is in pain you should be able to get an MRI at any hospital you want. If I were you, I would duke it out with the insurance. If it's an emergency visit they should cover whatever tests the docs run. I don't know, I just have this problem with insurances... Anyway, we'll pray for gunnar. Keep us updated.

Bonny said...

Poor Gunnar. I'm totally hoping that they can squeeze him in.

Speaking of "speeling" test...

The Three Musketeers and their Mommy said...

Katrina, that is so sad!! I am so sorry for you and Gunnar! I hope that everything turns out okay and that they can figure out what it is that is hurting him so bad.

eric and monica said...

we hope everything works out with getting in him soon and we'll be thinking about you guys...