January 7, 2009

Christmas

So this year our kids were spoiled which isn't unusual but how they did is really sad and my fault since I give in to my kids. Well on Christmas eve, we went to my dad's as usual and we all got enough presents to not need any from Santa, Gunnar got a big mega block dump truck and the girls got Madame Alexander dolls which they are still begging to take from the boxes. No too mention the other things they got.
We came home and let the girls open one of the presents from Grandma Kathy and Grandpa Jerry. Gunnar was so mad we wouldn't let him open anymore but we told him as soon as Santa came he couldn't. The kids went to bed amazingly pretty early and Jason and I were able to clean the house and get to bed before 10. It was amazing!!
The next morning at around 5:30 I heard Harley say, "get up Santa was here!" Jason told her to go back to bed until Novalee was awake, then we heard, "I'm awake!" So we all got up and went out to the living room. Gunnar wasn't too excited about getting up but when Jason showed him what Santa left him by his stocking he was so excited! The kids, we thought, loved what they got. Novalee got a 2008 Holiday Barbie, the Christmas Carol Barbie, two of the books from Diary of Wimpy kid, the queen doll from the TInkerbell movie, a necklace, and a Cinderella wedding Barbie. (I think that is it). Harley got a baby doll that she kept talking about Santa bringing her but she hasn't played with it much since then, a white carebear and a pink carebear, the new Tinkerbell doll from the beginning of the movie, a tinkerbell doll set from the movie, and a necklace. Gunnar got his Spike dinosaur, a huge plush dinosaur from Toy Story, and some pixar figures. Not too mention the toys they got to share.
We went to my mom's house and the girls got cameras and jumping game and a microscope from my mom and Robert and also from Granddad. Gunnar got a flashlight that never needs batteries since he is obsessed with flashlights and a potty chair that he has used!
After that we went to Grandma Kathy's and Grandpa Jerry's where uncle Tim and his family kept giving the kids toys. Their cousins bring toys around with the on Christmas to give to the other kids but they were done going places so they just gave the rest of the toys to our kids.
We got home and started getting the house clean and Harley came up to me and said, "Mommy every year Santa brings us lots and lots and lots of Toys, and this year he only brought us lots" I felt so bad that she didn't have the happiest day so I talked Jason into getting into our stash of toys in the closet to give to the girls, Jason has been shopping at the Disneystore collecting all of the prince and princess barbies so we gave them to him which was around 12 barbies, I think, I didn't count. I don't know what do you think, did they get enough under the tree? I know it sounds so superficial but they got less then usual and I was worried. Christmas was always so exciting and sucha magical day for me, I didn't want to kids to be sad.




































1 comment:

Carrilyne said...

They got spoiled rotten! But that's what Christmas is all about! Don't worry, they will have magical memories too!