January 7, 2009

School Christmas Parties

Every year at their school, the kids have a Christmas program where each grade sings some Christmas songs. Jason was able to get a substitute for his class and so I actually got to listen this year.
After the program, they had about 2 hours for the parties. Harley's class watched movies and had cookies. Novalee's class was supposed to color and read Christmas stories but were too hyper so I ran home and got "Babes in Toyland" the Disney movie and we watched it. It was funny watching some of the kids in Novalee's classroom. At first I didn't see any treats that we had asked the kids to bring. Then we asked and slowly the treats came out. When it was time to pass them out. A lot of kids only passed out a few and kept the rest for themselves. Then one little boy even was going from desk to desk trying to sneak other kids candy. They are definitely kids. This boy with Novalee likes her, well he did that day and kept asking me to take pictures of them together. Then when I was goofing off with the kids and was dancing with Novalee to the music from the movie, he told Novalee he wanted to dance with her. It was cute even though they are only in second grade.









2 comments:

Ben and Ash said...

Your kids are very lucky to have such a great mommy and daddy. I wish you were my mommy and I could get lots of presents. Oh well! You better start saving for next year cause by next Christmas you have those 10 new children to buy for ;) It sounds like you had a great Christmas. We need to go to lunch or something sometime.

Marie said...

Hey no fair, I thought parents were not invited to the singing!