November 10, 2008

Halloween! (Finally I know)

We finally decided to carve our pumplins the night before.















The girls drew the faces on their pumpkins and Jason cut them out. Gunnar put his stickers on in preschool and then that night was upset because he wanted to clean out the inside of his pumpkin so he dumped what the girls cleaned out into his pumpkin.






























I first helped at Harley's halloween party. It wasn't as well planned as I thought it was. I was so happy though, there were so many parents there and that was great!














































Halloween 2008















Novalee as Jasmine



















Harley as Belle




















Gunnar as Stitch



















Gunnar with Grandpa Utley



















The girls with Grandma Utley.














Novalee loved her veil!














As usual Halloween is busy and hectic even more so now that the girls are both in school. I did both Halloween parties but I when I got to Novalee's class for her party at 11:30. Gunnar had thrown up and was sick. I feel bad I didn't take any pictures but I ended up having to leave with Gunnar and then coming back for the last 15 minutes. The parties were both so fun and the kids had so much candy that they almost didn't need to go trick or treating.
We went to go pick up Jason from work and headed straight to his grandparent's house. The kids had fun there as always because his grandparents are always so nice and they love their family so much. They get really into Halloween and have a table set up with candy that my kids end up raiding every Halloween.
Gunnar kept having the runny poops in his diaper so I took Jason and Gunnar home then we went to my mom's house and my mom and I took the girls trick or treating in her neighborhood. We finally were able to finish when Novalee got a glow stick bracelet. We then went back to our house and we went to a few neighbors houses to stop by and say hi.
Gunnar was so excited to go trick or treating so we decided to take them around Jason's grandparents neighborhood. So we went back to Grandma and Grandpa Utley's house got more candy from them, and then went around the neighborhood. They ended up with a lot of candy.
The following Sunday our kids went back to Grandma and Grandpa Utley's house and did some more trick or treating and each left with a grocery sack full of candy, chips, and juice. Not to mention I had boxes of juice sent home too.
The kids had a blast and the girls were so excited to wear their pretty dresses. Novalee even put hers back on when a friend came by so she could get a picture with him. I have to get that because it looked cute. Gunnar still is asking to go trick or treating. Everyone gives him candy everywhere he goes so he thinks it is trick or treating. Its so cute.

5 comments:

Ben and Ash said...

What cute costumes and cute kids

Bonny said...

So cute! You're girls are so pretty. (And we can't forget how handsome Gunnar is either!)

*Amy * said...

Such cute kids. Harley looks especially like you though. When I see her I think back to when we played together as kids. It is like deja vu or something. Glad you had a good time despite the poop. Poop is no good, especially on holidays:)

THE SAWYER FAM said...

They all look great but I must say I had a good laugh at gunnar's costume! He just looks too cute in that thing!

Anonymous said...

our grand kids are precious.