November 21, 2008

What I want


Today I was reading to Gunnar and wondering if my kids are happy with their life. I want the best for them and I want them to remember their childhood as a happy time in their life. I want to be the example that they need and be there for them. I also want to be the kind and patient mother that my kids deserve. I want them to be independent and confident in themselves. I want my kids to love themselves and love their family. I want them to never have their feelings hurt by their friends. I want them to be always happy. I want them to know that no matter what I am there for them. I want them to succeed in the future. I want to be the mom who has fresh cookies on the table when they come home from school to a clean house. I want to always be the mom who is willing to help them with their homework no matter how many times I have to tell them to pay attention to their homework and not to fight with their brother or sister. I want them to feel constant love from us and never feel alone. I want to tuck them in at night and hear a happy good night and "I love you Mom". I want to read them stories on my lap while they actually listen to me and they ask me questions about the story other then "Where is the dinosaur?"

I love my kids so much and sometimes I wonder if I am giving my best effort. Sometimes I just want to lay down and read but since I am a mommy that is my number one job that I am very thankful for. I wonder if my kids are actually happy or if they just tell me they are happy because I buy them candy or toys. I would give anything for these precious kids that Heavenly Father has given me and to think of the responsibilty I have to help these kids have a wonderful life on earth that will affect them forever it is kind of overwhelming. Just thinking of one little choice I might make or one mistake I might make (and I do make many) and what that can do to change their lives forever. Its kind of scary isn't it?

5 comments:

Bonny said...

Katrina, you're a great mom! But no one is perfect, all you can do is the best you can. And you're doing an awesome job. But, I am not a mom yet, so I guess that I can't quite understand your feelings, but still....


BTW... The one header I sent was a rough draft. Do you want me to fix it a little, or is it okay?

McLerran Family said...

You sound like such a wonderful mother! We all get tired and need breaks. Don't be too hard on yourself! I don't think any mom ever feels like they've done enough for their kids.

Bonny said...

Oh, and if you go to drpepper.com, you can get a free dr. pepper. but only today (sunday).


just thought I'd let you know!

Lisa said...

Well you obviously love your kids like crazy... have the best of intentions....so that's got to count for something. But I'm with you. It is kind of scary how much of an affect we have on their lives......the good thing though......kids are amazing! And Although we will all make MANY mistakes as we raise our kids...they will turn out okay. I mean, look at us, and then just think of all the mistakes our parents made!

THE SAWYER FAM said...

So true... I think all moms hope for all that. I know I do.