Well in case you wanted more proof on how weird I am, I stress over little things way too much. I focus on something I need to do (usually its the cleaning the house) but then I get overwhelmed at like cleaning the bathroom that I just can't do it. If I have a day that I have a lot of things to do I stress because I worry that when I come home the house won't be clean and I will be too tired to take care of my kids. I plan things that I want to do but when I actually have to do them I stress thinking of all the other things I need to do and the things I need to do later and all the what ifs that might happen when I leave and I just give up and don't leave the house unless its something that I have to do.
And do I need to mention when I go to the store? I have in mind what I want and need to buy. But when I go with Jason it takes 45 minutes just to get to the grocery part because he has to look at the toys and the movies which involves the kids crying because they want everything that was ever created because its their favorite and they either want it for Christmas or for their birthday. So when we get to buying food what we need, Jason is irritated because we have been in the store too long (He complained about this the other day but when I reminded him where we spend more of our time at the store he didn't say anything else) the kids are bored so they are trying to jump from one cart or another or trying to yell things that will make people look at them (Novalee's favorite is FIRE!) and Gunnar is crying because he wants out and wants to walk around the store like his sisters. I start getting panic attacks and just have to grab what I can because I can't think. When we get into the car I am about to cry and by the time we get home I am so tired from our adventure of buying groceries which didn't even consist of half the things I need. That I just can't do anything else. I have no energy the rest of the night. Okay so you know something else weird about me. I know its really stupid that I do this but I can't help it sometimes and I try to make it seem like I can do everything that I want to but sometimes I just can't handle too much on my to do list.
5 comments:
Do you get FLYlady emails? I got them for awhile and it seemed to help when things got overwhelming with cleaning and shopping. I'll get you a link, if you want. Don't worry, Trina. You are going to school with 3 kids, and taking care of the house? YOU ARE AMAZING!!!!
You should make your husband stay at home with the kids while you go to the store. If he wants to look at movies and toys then let him go back by himself sometime or with the kids! I bet he wouldn't do that anymore if he was by himself with the kids! Ahhh! Also, letting kids see toys they want makes them hyper. When we go to Target or something and we need food only or pharmacy or something- we totally never go into toy country and our trip is much easier.
Well leaving Jason with the kids doesn't work. Unless I leave at 5 in the morning because I don't like crowds. He always says he will go by himself but then we end up with 30 boxes of Hamburger helper and tons of sandwich meat and lots of junkfood. The kids aren't really too bad I just stress easy.
I know the feeling of being so overwhelmed by the things that you have to do that you just give up on doing them. And shopping with my kids is pretty difficult too.
ha ha!! i am the same with cleaning the house. seriously. and we're generally the hosts for everything because we've got the biggest place at the moment.
my husband makes fun of my to do lists because i always put EVERYthing i can think of on there and there is no possible way it's gonna get finished in the time frame i have. then i get all stressed and then frustrated and then feel guilty for not being able to do it all. geez. it's sad because i know the cycle, but i keep doing it. :P
Post a Comment